There’s nothing better than being wrapped up in winter, by the fire with some hot chocolate and a warm and homely dessert. The warm winter spices fill your body with warmth and makes it one of our favourite times of the year. So, what are the winter spices?
Bake the perfect, warm and delicious winter spice cake using the spices above just in time for the new season.
Winter Spice Cake Recipe
20 servings | prep: 20 mins | bake: 1 hour 15 mins
- 225g salted butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 4 medium eggs
- 350g self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 170°. Lightly grease the base and sides of a square cake tin.
- Combine all the spices into a bowl and add sugar, butter and vanilla extract.
- Mix and then gradually add in the eggs and flour.
- Once the ingredients are almost combined, add milk.
- When the ingredients are all combined, pour the batter into the pre-prepared tin and put in the oven to bake for 1 ¼ hours or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Cool and then serve alongside some custard or top with some cream cheese frosting to finish.
Find the ingredients used above here.